To move forward on TAPI project, the 14th Meeting of Steering Committee was held in Ashgabat during 20th-21st September 2011. The Steering Committee is a ministerial committee represented by respective petroleum ministers of the Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India.
However, keeping in view the tight timelines of the GSPA signing, negotiations on gas price and important agenda such as appointment of Transaction Advisors an emergent meeting was proposed by ADB. Despite the non-availability of the three honorable Ministers i.e. Afghanistan, Pakistan and India, the respective governments in the spirit of cooperation and to move ahead on TAPI project authorized their senior officials to represent their countries.
Participating countries discussed progress on important matters such GSPA and appointment of Transaction Advisor for the project and expressed satisfaction on the progress achieved so far. Pakistan delegation comprised following:
1) Mr. Abid Saeed, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Petroleum and NaturalResources,(Delegation Head)
2) Mr. Yusuf Khan, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Finance.
3) Mr. Javed Hussain, Director of ISGS’ Board of Directors.
4) Mr. Mobin Saulat, Managing Director, ISGS.
5) Syed Kamran Ali, Dy. GM (Tech), ISGS.
6) Mr. Babar Majid, Dy. Chief Manager (Commercial), ISGS.