As Pakistan’s energy, requirements continue to mount while natural gas production from indigenous resources falls, the gap between supply and demand of energy is likely to expand very rapidly. To meet growing energy needs of the country, the government of Pakistan is pursuing a multipronged strategy comprising following key elements.
- Across and Trans border import of natural gas from viable sources.
- Import of LNG.
- Up gradation of existing and renewed investments in the hydropower sector.
- A concerted effort towards renewable energy resources.
- Import of electricity from neighboring countries.
- A sustained and educated effort towards energy conservation.